Get a move on!

yogurt Look, I find it very irritating when people eat a yogurt on the sofa and take AGES over it.  It is well-known that I clean out yogurt pots when they’re finished with – and sometimes before then – so last night I had no choice but to sit very, very close to the yogurt-eater and virtually put my snout into their face.  Before long, dribble was falling from my mouth which is neither hygienic nor pleasant, but serves She right for taking so long over the Yeo Valley lemon curd yogurt.

Most people, if faced with my stern expression very close to their nose, would get a move on and let me have the yogurt pot.  Most people.

Eventually I snatched the Yeo Valley lemon curd yogurt pot and ran off with it. As well as licking out every last teeny weeny smidge of yogurt, I ripped the pot into a million pieces over the floor just to make a point.

Honestly.  Things were looking up after that last night, though, as Lad and She had been to the Important Place in London after school/work and didn’t get home until very bldylate.  It was a verybldy long day.  So what often happens on the way home from the Important Place in London is that a trip to SparksMeansMarks is made, in order to buy a ready-meal for Lad to have when he gets in.  Thus my evening improved massively as Lad chose the Four Cheese Ravioli as usual, and I had the ready meal plastic tray to clean out when Lad had finished.  I do like a Four Cheese Ravioli.  To be honest it would have been preferable to have that BEFORE the Yeo Valley yogurt, as would be the normal order of things, but in my house I have to just take what I can, when I can.

The week is rushing by, Readers; I don’t know where the time goes.  Today I emptied the bin in the downstairs toilet.  Luckily Lad had thrown some empty crisp packets in there so I chucked those on the floor after licking out every tiny grain of salt.  I’d been at dear, dear Ebony’s during the day but had a look through the bins when I arrived home.  It was something to do.

I went to dear, dear Ebony’s house yesterday too, but was feeling quite tired to be honest, after our long walk and mostly slept for the day.  It’s quite exhausting keeping up with Ebony on our walks as she is much younger and fitter than me.  Plus I can’t really be bothered.  In fact I was so sleepy that I didn’t want to get up this morning when the ruddy alarm clock went off at 6am and made a point of snuggling down firmly into the white John Lewis duvet.  It’s mostly white, anyway, with just the occasional muddy pawprint.

Young Lad and Detention Friend were here  briefly before football training tonight.  Everything was on a tighter bldy schedule than normal  and there was much rushing around looking for football boots.  Readers, I inadvertently snapped at Detention Friend and I am ashamed to admit this.  You see, I was in the dishwasher trying to clean the spaghetti hoops on toast plate (haute cuisine as ever), when Detention Friend came up and tried to stroke me.  Detention Friend needs to learn that there is a time and place for this, and I should not be disturbed when there is any food near me.  I had to growl and wrinkle my nose, so that he got the message and retreated.  I don’t think Detention Friend will make the same mistake again.

Readers, I had some bad news last night.  My friend Delilah the Basset – no really, I count her as a friend even though I bark and snap at her – had a VERY nasty injury to her ear after trying to climb through a prickly hedge/fence type thing.  Poor Delilah was rushed to the Emergency Evil Vet – I’ve been there! – as her soft brown flappy ear was ripped and bleeding.  Oh this must have hurt, Friends.  Delilah was terribly brave and let the Evil Vet stitch her back together.  I only hope the Evil Vet’s handiwork is neat so that Delilah’s good looks are not spoiled.  I do hope she feels better soon, and I will go to visit before long to snarl and bark at her again.

I forgot to mention – so busy has the week been – that down by the river the other day I OH SO NEARLY caught a rabbit!  There were several of them in Top Field during my early morning walk – I wasn’t sure whether these rabbits were up early or out late – but I distinctly saw several white flashes of tail in the bushes.  Then, right in front of me on the path, ran a whopper!  The rabbit and I were both quite startled by the presence of the other but I gathered my wits quickly and gave chase, making my silly hunting squealing noise.  Unfortunately Flopsy disappeared into a very thick clump of bush that I could not penetrate, but believe me that was about the closest I have ever come to catching something.

My day will come.

Well I think that will do me tonight for writing – Ebony really does tire me out, and I’m there again tomorrow!  I’m sure Ebony is pleased about this.  

Bye for now,


Author: boredbeagle

Slightly stocky beagle who lives with a family. This is She, He, Lad and Young Lad. And Gingercat. Generally doesn't get enough attention and so writes this blog to let everyone know what his life is like. You need to start from page one (First Attempt).. Go on, it's worth the effort.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: