courier-van-yodelWell, Readers, that was a jolly close shave!  My food tub was down to barely  HALF a scoop of food – yes, HALF!   She had planned to pad it out with a bit of cat food tonight;  I ask you.  Thankfully, just in the nick of time, there was a ring on the doorbell and my New Food arrived.  Never before have supplies run this low.  You may think it’s my fault for having troughed through the food when I wasn’t meant to but no.  This is down to Poor Organisation.  It’s all very well feeling smug because you’ve organised the coloured pencils box and hoovered under Lad’s Bed (more later on that one), but really, these weren’t priorities.  All that  time cutting down the Ruddy Buddleia could have been spent ensuring I wasn’t going to starve.  Anyway, emergency over.  A Full Tub sits on top of the fridge.

So, no blog last night as I had warned you, as She and Lad were at the Important Place in London all day, and yes indeed, the Circle Line was a Shocker.  I’ve had to listen to tales of being stuck under several people’s armpits for an alarming amount of time while the train in front was “being held”, and wondering what would happen if one had a panic attack in these circumstances.  I doubt anyone would notice. By the time Lad and She arrived home, they were very weary and only had the strength to shove a Sparks Means Marks ready meal Macaroni Cheese, and Four Cheese Ravioli in the oven.  This was excellent news for me, as I get to clean out the plastic trays. I do love that Four Cheese Ravioli, I must say – it’s Lad’s all time favourite, too.  Then everyone slumped on the sofa, apart from Lad who managed to rally enough to spend the evening on the Xbox.  Well done, Lad.  While they were up at the Important Place in London, one of the questions for Lad was what he does in his spare time when he isn’t at school.  This wasn’t difficult to answer and didn’t take long.

At any rate, He, Young Lad and I had a lovely day, as I had predicted.  We did some more Clearing Up in the garden, as in addition to cutting down the Ruddy Buddleia, the Poxy Philadelphus had been chopped to bits as well, and that was lying all over the patio.  So He collected it all up and tried to squash it into the plastic sacks that Young Lad was holding open.  This was tiring for Young Lad, and he had to sit down afterwards.  Then we went for a smashing walk down by the river, and I behaved very well, as always do when He takes me out.   Young Lad had to come out for this walk too, which made it quite a strenuous morning for him. I was pleased to find that they went out in the afternoon – they went to the cinema to watch ‘Darkest Hour’ about someone called Churchill.  Uninspiring if you ask me. I’m sure people of Young Lad’s age are meant to like things like Avengers.  I had a good look around while they were out, but the toerags had shut all the doors and put the bin out.  Bah.

This morning I was dragged out for a walk by 10.00, as the forecast said Heavy Rain on the way.  Readers, it was a stressful hour for me. It all started well; the Bastard Swans were in the river by the bridge but I kept my distance. Then we saw Barney the Oh So Adorable Beagle, who stopped to lean on her legs and generally be very appealing.  Bleugh.  There was the usual chortling by both our Pack Leaders about how naughty/food-obsessed/chunky we both are.  The rudeness of this. No Friends,  the  main problem was on the way back.  Returning through Far Field, a big German Shepherd came bounding up to me; I’ve met this devil before, and He Doesn’t like me.  The feeling is mutual.  I had done Nothing, Readers, to upset him but he was soon leaping on top of me, snarling.  I snarled back but he was  lot bigger, so I ran off with my tail between my legs.  A bit further on, a cockapoo came springing up to me, and there were shouts of,” Go On Russell, PLAY!!”  But I didn’t want to. Back down by the river, not only was there NiceDogWalkerLady and the three hundred brown labradors, but the Huge Golden Retriever known as Chloe.  Now, I went bounding up to her, because just for a moment I thought it was my dear friend Pippa, but sadly I was mistaken.  Chloe doesn’t like me either.  She took over from where the German Shepherd had left off, jumping on my back and snarling.  This really was the limit.  I had just recovered from that, and then Colin the Bouncy Labrador from next door came along the path – he too jumped all over me!  At least this was friendly jumping, rather than trying to rip out my vital organs.  It was an exhausting walk, Readers – I was glad to get home.

Lad needed a bit of a lie-in after his exhausting day yesterday, so was taken a mug or tea and a warmed croissant at 12.00.  I never get this sort of treatment.  Then some time was spent Tidying Up and Cleaning Young Lad and Lad’s bedrooms.  As an annual treat, the beds were pulled out to be hoovered behind.  Readers, I cannot begin to describe the scene under Lad’s bed.  Really, She needed to be wearing rubber gloves for dealing with much of that; it was appalling.  I don’t want to go into detail about what was under there.  Young Lad’s floor under the bed was marginally better, though some missing pieces of Playmobil from three years ago were found, and a piece of wood from the Pirate Island they sold four years ago.  I suspect the new owners of the Pirate Island have always wondered why it didn’t stand up straight.  After all this, a Quiet Afternoon was needed, so Young Lad spent twenty minutes on some homework (“That’ll do,”), She did some work on the computer, and Lad had a go at some GCSE Maths again.  This never ends well.  Eventually it was suggested he did some Art instead, as this might be therapeutic. It wasn’t.  Oh I’ve just remembered – Young Lad’s attempt at homework was hindered by Gingercat walking all over the laptop and pressing random keys.  Does he get shouted out?  No.

Golly, you should see the kitchen tonight.  It’s Shrove Tuesday, so a big stack of pancakes was made, and needless to say the ‘flipping’ was fairly haphazard so there is batter on the front of the cupboard doors.  In an attempt to make up for the salt and fat laden ready meals they had last night, home-made Leek and Potato soup was made as well.  Hmm;  flipping, batter, soup and blending all in one go.  There was plenty for me to clean up, that’s all I’ll say.  I was dragged out for a second walk, late this afternoon, round the rec – (She’s been on the bathroom scales again) – but the wind chill was minus 4 so it was one of the fastest three quarters of a mile ever walked, and we went home to the warm.  

All in all, an exhausting day, Friends, but very pleasing on the Food Delivery Front.  That had been a worry.

See you soon,


Author: boredbeagle

Slightly stocky beagle who lives with a family. This is She, He, Lad and Young Lad. And Gingercat. Generally doesn't get enough attention and so writes this blog to let everyone know what his life is like. You need to start from page one (First Attempt).. Go on, it's worth the effort.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: